THE IMPORTANCE OF SIGNAGE
Signage is one of the best, most effective form of advertising. For businesses, signage is essential and priceless and a very good way to establish an identity and gain new customers. Signage has a direct impact on sales and revenue. Signage also boosts impulse purchases.
It also helps build familiarity and trust. Signage is low maintenance and can be very cost-effective and is a great investment.
Signs have been around for a long time, and are here to stay.
Simply, they work.
If you are not yet convinced on the effectiveness of signage, check out these statistics.
- 50% of customers say they found out about a company/product via signage.
- 35% of passer-byers would not know about your company without signage.
- Some studies show that changing a sign directly improves sale revenue.
- Installing a new sign such as a vinyl banner or yard sign can increase business by as much as nearly 16 percent.
- Studies show that consumers are more likely to remember your business from your signage than they are from television or radio ads.
HOW TO DESIGN AN EYE-CATCHING SIGN
Use a bold, clean font.
Typography is very important and can make or break a design.
Make sure your text is readable.
Write a simple, to-the-point message.
Don’t let your message get lost amongst unnecessary words.
Contrast, contrast, contrast.
The contrast between these two items is critical to the viewer’s retention of the content.
Without contrast, your sign will look bleak.
80% of the recognition of a trademark is due to its colour. So, make sure you select colours that align well with your brand.